Joint pain is an everyday part of life for many people causing a great deal of pain and difficulty with normal tasks. However, many people don’t realize that they don’t have to just live with it. At Allied Chiropractic, Sports Rehab & Whole Health Center, we have joint pain treatment options that can help. We would like to discuss why you might be experiencing joint pain as well as how chiropractic care can help.
Causes of Joint Pain
Joint pain can come from just about anything, but some common causes include:
- Injuries, such as falls and car accidents
- Inflammation due to bursitis
- Pain and swelling associated with gout
- Arthritis and fibromyalgia
Chiropractic Joint Pain Treatment
There are several methods of treatment for joint pain, including but not limited to:
- Adjustments: Joint pain is often due to misalignment of the bones. Adjustments help restore alignment to relieve pain, tension, and inflammation.
- Therapeutic exercise: Targeted exercise can help stretch and strengthen the muscles and other soft tissues surrounding the joints.
- Ultrasound therapy: Ultrasound therapy utilizes sound waves to reach deep into the body to address the source of pain.
- Massage therapy: Massage improves circulation and reduces tension and inflammation throughout the body.
Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Joint Pain
Through treatment methods like the ones listed above, you can experience a wealth of benefits. In addition to relief from the pain, chiropractic care can provide the following:
- Improved mobility – It’s important to stay active to relieve joint pain, but joint pain can make it hard to move. Our chiropractor can help restore function and mobility to your joints, making it easier to move and keeping your joints healthy.
- Reduction in stiffness – Joint pain usually results in or is caused by stiffness and tension in and around the joint. Chiropractic care helps naturally reduce the tension, which makes the joints less stiff and helps you get back to life.
- Releases nerve compression – If your joint pain comes along with tingling, numbness, or weakness, it’s likely due to nerve compression. Through therapeutic exercise, adjustments, and other chiropractic techniques, that compression can be released.
Experience Lasting Joint Pain Relief in Plainville, MA
Joint pain doesn’t have to be a constant companion in your life. Let our team at Allied Chiropractic, Sports Rehab & Whole Health Center help you find natural, safe, and effective relief. Call our team today at (508) 455-4600 or reach us through our website by using our online contact form.